Resin Jewelry with a Swirly effect.
Project submitted by MonikaRose
what you need:
ResinObsession resin mold - Mold 403- 11 popular jewelry shapes was used in project
EasyCast clear casting epoxy resin (part A, B)
color powder, pearl ex pigments, purple and bright gold
reusable resin measuring cups
step by step:
1. Mix EasyCast resin following manufacturer's instructions.
2. Pour small amounts of resin into 2 seperate cups to mix in the pearl colors purple and bright gold.
3. Pour the remaining clear resin into the selected mold cavities just below the top to allow for extra drops of color.
4. Use a toothpick to pick up one of the colors and drip a drop into one of the shapes anywhere.
5. Do the same with the other colors, as in step 4.
6. The drops will settle down into the resin, not just sit on top.
7. With a new toothpick and tissue in hand, swirl the colored drops around to make shaped in the clear resin. Between each swirl clean your toothpick on the tissue. You can pull the colors into each other for mixed color affect, any shape you wish, in this case swirls.
8. When satisfied with the affects, clean your area and let resin cure. Pop resin out of molds.
9. Once casting has fully cured polish and buff if you wish. Drill a hole with a rotary tool and small drill bit or small hand drill or wire wrap for a pendant, earrings or keyring.
Monika doesn't have resin in her Etsy store yet but you might want to see her other fun stuff http://monikarose.etsy.com/