Friday, July 1, 2011
We see it everywhere, but what does it mean? Do consumers actually know? Post your guesses here and wait for August's newsletter for the answer to be revealed. :)
Supplies Needed:-Super Clear Resin (about 4-5 ounces total)-ResinObsession Drying Mat
-Mold #411 or #412
-Silver Beads, Washers
-Gold Metallic Powder
-Silver Powder Pigment
-SteamPunk Clip Art
-Watch Parts, Small Gears, Scrap Metal, etc.
-Sand Paper/Nail File
1. Spray Mold with Mold Release. Mix about 1 oz resin according to manufacturer's instructions. Add a small amount of silver powder pigment until desired color is achieved.
2. Pour colored resin into cavitied, filling only about 1/4 of the cavity. Allow to cure to a tacky, gel state (Approx. 4-6 hours).
3. While resin is still a little tacky, embed toobies as picture below displays. The toobies prevent you from needing to drill holes in the beads and should be placed where the holes for the bracelet string will go. Do not push the toobies into the resin, let them rest just on top until the resin completely cures (Approx 1-2 more hours). Note: You want the toobies to fit nice and snug in the cavity so that resin cannot seep into them.
4. Mix about 1 oz. resin, adding gold powder pigment until desired color is achieved. Pour into cavities until the toobies are just barely covered. Allow to cure to a tacky gel state as before.
5. Cut out Steam Punk images to size of cavity openings. Carefully embed a picture into each cavity.
6. Mix about 3/4 oz. of resin. Arrange embedments (watch parts, scrap metal, etc.) until desired look is achieved. Pour resin to fill cavities. Allow resin to cure until hard (Approx. 4-6 hours). ***This step can be broken down to create layers and add depth to beads.
7. When resin is completely cured, pop each bead out of it's cavity.
8. Sand edges and top to prepare for last resin pour. Wipe with a damp cloth when finished sanging to remove any dust particles.
9. Arrange beads on dryign mat. Mix about 1 oz. resin. Pour about a dime size on to the center of each bead and allow resin to flow over edges and dome, depending on desired effect. Be careful not to allow resin to seep into toobies. Allow to cure until hard.
10. String together beads with elastic string. You may want to add beads or washers inbetween each bead to prevent your bracelt from being too snug, or to accentuate the Steam Punk effect!